Root Canals in Anchorage, AK
What is a Root Canal?
Root canal therapy is the procedure in which damaged or infected tooth nerves are removed from the tooth’s root canal. This treatment is often needed when a cavity is not addressed early on and the infection reaches the canal of the tooth root. When the infection reaches the nerve pulp of the tooth root, it can create inflammation, swelling, and or an infection that can be excruciating. In order to prevent having this occur our Dentists recommend removing decay as soon as it’s detected to prevent this bacteria from getting to the nerve of the tooth.
The Root Canal Procedure
- First you need to visit with our doctor and determine if root canal therapy is really what you need to resolve your toothache. If it is, the root canal treatment can start right then and there or an appointment can be scheduled for a later date.
- The root canal is carefully accessed through the tooth with careful drilling. This process is undertaken with great care to leave as much natural tooth structure as possible.
- Once the root is exposed, the nerve pulp/tissue is gently removed. The root is sterilized and fillers are placed in the stead of the nerve pulp.
- The canal is then sealed and a tooth filling completely and permanently closes the canal.
- You may or may not require a dental crown to complete the treatment.
Benefits of Root Canal Therapy
- TOOTH PRESERVATION | You don’t get a third set of teeth. Once you’re on your adult set, you’re playing for keeps. A root canal allows you to keep your natural tooth and all the benefits that offers. Don’t take those teeth for granted!
- GET RID OF PAIN | A toothache can really be debilitating. Let us help you get pain free again with our comfortable root canal therapy option. Instead of dreading a root canal in the future, you may just be tremendously grateful for them.
If you are experiencing a toothache, please, call us or visit us as soon as you can. You don’t need to suffer. We’ll make the experience comfortable and worthwhile for you.